Canvas8 Global Youth Designer – Graphic Design / UX Programme is ongoing for applicants that meet the job requirements.
Canvas8 – We’re a trends and insight practice based in London, LA, New York and Singapore. We work with lots of different clients (typically global organizations and brands) to understand people, so they can go on to make better things – be it a new campaign, a product, a movement, or a TV show.
We invite application for:
Title: Global Youth Designer – Graphic Design / UX
Employment Type: Part-time
About the Project
- We are currently setting up a 12-week research program for a major, leading tech company that wants to understand the needs and behaviours of young people (i.e. GenZ, aged 15-24) when it comes to apps, the internet, AI and other tech topics.
- It is a global project, so we are looking to speak to young, exciting respondents in the following markets; United States, Brazil, United Kingdom, Nigeria, India, and Indonesia – on a weekly basis.
- In each market we are looking for a skilled designer to help ideate, co-create and innovate product ideas.
- This will involve digitally sketching out potential app, or platforms ideas live as people discuss potential new solutions to tech problems.
About the Role
- We want to bring on a young or early career designer to work alongside us and our client and essentially shape research through the visualization and manifestations of ideas and concepts, in the market in which they are based.
- Review “homework” assignments from youth council members to see if any ideas or concepts are identified that could be conceptualized through sketches to bring additional context and light to the project.
- Observe focus group conversations to identify topics for ideation, visualize ideas the youth council members verbalize and make key insights shine through concepting ideas that align with the learnings.
- Independently and rapidly capture ideas in sketching / low fidelity form (by hand or digital form) and keep all these sketches and ideas in a compendium alongside the original learnings and data they are attached to
- Collaborate with Local ZSearcher partner to reflect upon, iterate on and/or identify additional ideas that will be incorporated into the “Country Summary” for each topic
- Collaborate with the “Homebase” team to further develop storyboards, mockups or lightweight prototype sketches to effectively build end-user empathy, and communicate learnings and ideas in final deliverables.
- Iterate and build user-centric stories and visions to help crystallize emerging insights and better socialize learnings.
- Help lead discussions about design ideation and product innovation, asking the right questions to help people dive deeper into their idea and creating it in front of them.
- Part-Time Global Youth Designer – Graphic Design / UX to help shape research for leading tech company
- Effective storyteller and proficient sketcher
- Able to quick visualize / sketch UI and app interfaces, user-focused storyboards and sketch scenarios that capture user needs and ideas
- Team player, able to work closely with local research team members and receive constructive feedback
- Evidence of an inquisitive, curious mindset that demonstrates an ability to devise creative solutions to problems new and old
- Ability to make new ideas tangible via best-in-class product design, presentation, and prototypes.
- Proficiency in working with UX research or knowledge of qualitative UX research methods is a huge plus
- Experience working in a qualitative research environment working with researchers, clients and participants.
Portfolio Review Expectations:
- In order to be considered for the position it is necessary to review several samples of sketch deliverables and ideally low fidelity sketches that have not been finessed alongside other sketchwork that has been edited to enable final deliverable quality.
- We encourage candidates to show process work to help us understand capabilities from initial sketches through to the final product.
Timeline and Availability Expectations:
- The designers will be expected to be available for up to 10 hours per week starting in early-February for the entirety of the program, running through the end of June 2023.
- They must have Monday-Friday availability (and once onboarded we can align on consistent, weekly meeting times that work for them).
- They will be expected to attend all focus groups and interview sessions.
- They will also be expected to help facilitate ideation sessions alongside their local research partner.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidate must be based in Nigeria& Gen Z.