Mastercard Summer Internship (Associate Consultant Intern) 2023. Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Mastercard Summer Internship 2023 – Associate Consultant Intern
Requisition ID: R-187251
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
- We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
- Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
- We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant Intern:
- As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world’s biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions.
- Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will:
- Work on small teams to solve our clients’ most challenging strategic problems
- Participate in volunteer and team-building experiences.
- Exposure to our leadership team through networking sessions and speaker series.
- Begin to build relationships with clients to understand their business needs, seek strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
- Grow by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team.
- Have an opportunity for meaningful contributions.
- Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our customers with their most urgent business need. We are recruiting for Strategy and Transformation career track:
Strategy & Transformation:
- Lead customers through sound decision-making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more.
- Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
- A sampling of questions we help our customers answer:
- How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper-competitive new market?
- How can a customer improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial, and strategic goals?
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree student with a graduation date between Dec -2022 to Aug-2023, planning to complete NYSC by mid-fall 2024.
- Outstanding record of academic achievement with a USA equivalent 3.0 GPA or UK equivalent 2:1
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing in English.
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem-solving and quantitative skills.
- Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
- Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard’s structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities.
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will-to-win attitude.
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard’s values of honesty and integrity with a
- willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online